MDEC CONTINUES TO SUPPORT THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
- MDEC will continue with our Work-from-Home (WFH) arrangement till 31st May 2020 to help contain and mitigate the spread of the Covid-19 while ensuring the health and wellbeing of our staff and their family members are being prioritised. Starting from 1st June 2020 onwards, MDEC will continue to operate as normal from its Headquarters located in Cyberjaya in a staggered approach to enable essential staff whose work requires them to return to the office.
- However, MDEC will be taking thorough measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by making sure its staff complies with the social distancing measures. The rest of the staff who can WFH will be allowed to take this option until the restriction is lifted. During this period, we will not be able to take any walk-in customers or visitors to our offices and partners can leverage digital technologies to make online meetings (i.e. video conferencing or conference call via mobile apps) with the respective MDEC staff that you wish to make an appointment. If you do not have their contact details, please forward your concerns or queries to [email protected]
- The MSC Malaysia eXpats Centre located at Jalan Teknokrat, in Cyberjaya and its Northern Region Centre located in Pulau Pinang have started operating as usual starting today (13th May 2020).
- The rest of the MDEC’s facilities (as stated below) will remain closed until further notice. We will notify on the operations of the offices in due time.
- The Orbit, Bangsar South
- LEVEL UP Inc, Bangsar South
- ADAX, Bangsar South
- Krea8tif! Incubator (formerly known as MAC3)@Launchpad
Thank you for your understanding. We positively assure you that we are deeply committed to supporting you during these unprecedented times.
Our customer service hours are as follows:
|From now till 31 May 2020||9:00am to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday|
|1 June 2020 onwards||9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday (our normal operating hours)|
For further details, you may reach us at :
1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia)
+6 03 8315 3000 (International)
Email: [email protected]
ISSUED BY MALAYSIA DIGITAL ECONOMY CORPORATION SDN BHD (MDEC)
A Community For the FinTech Industry
Orbit is a co-working space for FinTech start-ups, small businesses, entrepreneurs, or anyone who is looking for a great work and leisure balance in this exciting industry. Interact with relevant players through our partners and make priceless connections with other FinTech providers.
We offer a modern and creative environment, located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, to foster and accelerate the development of FinTech in Malaysia. Let us help and take care of the rest while you focus on making connections and growing your business.
High Speed Wifi
Printing and Photocopy Services
Private Phone Booths
Facial Recognition Security Access
Front Desk Service
Hot desks with lockable drawers for you and your team. Get inspired and inspire others at the same time by sharing your workspace with our FinTech communities.
The space to connect and innovate. Connect and network with leading FinTech figures by hosting your events at Orbit.
ScaleUp Malaysia Program Briefing
Join Malaysia’s First Scaleup Accelerator & Turbocharge your Business to 10x Revenue and Funding
You’ve started the business, built a good product and obtained your first customers.
What’s next to fuel your growth? Hire a rock star team? Raise your next round of funding?
ScaleUp Malaysia is here to help.
Receive coaching from top coaches and mentors. Pitch to friendly investors. And be on your way to 10x revenue.
Join the briefing for our programme to find out more.
See you there!
#malaysiadigitalhub #scaleup #orbit #accelerator #malaysiadevelopmenteconomycorporation #mdec
Regulatory Bootcamp SC X SC 2019 Edition
The ever-evolving digital economy in Malaysia has enabled the development of financial services as varied from e-Wallets to P2P and ECF platforms; solving problems for everyday Malaysians.
Despite this, a vast majority of the low to middle income Malaysians remains financially underserved.
If you’ve been looking into understanding the fundamental of Fintech and its crucial role in financial inclusion through digital innovation, attending this regulatory bootcamp is a must. Bringing together regulators and key players in the industry, surely it will an insightful session, followed by Chill Chat session “Meet the Regulators”—where you’ll get the chance to actively interact and engage with representatives from the regulatory bodies and agencies.
Panels will be line of representatives from BNM, SC, UNCDF, FAOM and MDEC.
How can startups, corporates and regulators address this problem? Come and join us at the Regulatory Bootcamp: SCxSC edition. 23rd October 2019, 3pm – 5pm at the Securities Commission Malaysia. Tickets available at
#fintechconference2019 #sc #bnm #uncdf #faom #mdecmalaysia #scxsc #theorbitfintechhub #regulatorybootcamp
Digital Finance for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Are you FinTech with social impact? Do you have a digital finance product that is contributing to the sustainable development goals?
Come join United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) to learn how you could gain the opportunity to showcase your company during the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) this September in New York, USA! Selected companies will also have the opportunity to receive feedback from industry leaders, network with global entrepreneurs, and be considered for engagement under UNCDF challenges.
This is an initiative of the Financial Innovation Lab (FinLab). Find out more about the program here: